Monday, July 12, 2010

July 11th Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center

Sunday morning we slept in on an overcast rainy day. The clouds were hanging below the tops of the surrounding mountain peaks so we decided to just spend the day at the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center here in West Yellowstone. There is an interesting exhibit building as you walk in and then paths among the large cages holding some wolves and another holding several bears. The wolves were taking their mid day sleep and would only raise their heads every once in a while. A naturalist held a "seminar" over at the bear area which was very interesting, then they put up some bird food in tree branches and apple chunks under various piles of wood. I did get a good 30 minute movie of the talk and the bears coming out to find the seed and apples. Christine and Laura, I got a Teachers DVD on bears and wolves that I will bring back with me. It is to be used in a computer in the classroom to teach about the animals. Hope that you both find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment