Drove across Arizona to Flagstaff, then south on I-17 to the Thousand Trails Preserve at Verde Valley near Cottonwood. This was mostly a rest stop at a very nice campground that Thousand Trails had in the area. That night we drove down to the Rock City Cafe (exit 242 on I-17) which is renowned for their famous pies. Enjoyed a good dinner, and of course a slice of pie each. Sunday we drove up to Sedona for a look around. Mostly a tourist area so after a little window shopping we went back to the campground. Relaxed all day Monday and hiked some of the nature trails laid out in the Preserve.
On Tuesday we packed up our rigs and drove on down the mountain, around Phoenix, and west out I-10 to Twentynine Palms California. This was a long long day for us, around 380 miles with outside temperatures hovering near the 100's. Arrived in the late afternoon and settled in at the Twentynine Palms RV and Golf Resort until Saturday.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment