Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Finally, a beginning

First Day.
We met up with Carl and Anna near Gettysburg and got on the road from there about 9:30 Tuesday, June 1st. North up US-15 to I-76 then west across Pennsylvania to the split with I-70. Continued on I-70 through the neck of West Virginia and into Ohio. Pennsylvania does live up to its billing as having some of the worse roads in the U.S., however I will say that I-76 did have its good areas also. Pulled into Spring Valley Campground, near I-77 / I-70 intersection for the night. Very nice campground. Neat and well cared for with a lot of pull throughs. A little too near the interstate so the noise level was up, but we slept through. I would recommend the CG to anyone coming this direction. We will be stopping here on our last day before home in July. We are on our way and looking forward to the trip.
Clark & Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment